YOUTH & ISLAMIC RADICALIZATION: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING IN CANADA?
Sunday, March 29, 2015, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, Agincourt Public Library Meeting Room, 155 Bonis Avenue (Sheppard/Kennedy), Scarborough, ON
* How are young people seduced into embracing ISIS?
* What roles do Muslim religious and community leaders play in guiding youth?
* What can we – families, friends, concerned citizens – do about it?
ADMISSION: Adult: $10, Student: $5, pay at door
REGISTER: By email to email@example.com or phone: Sharon Isac at 416-335-4544, registration required
WIND ENERGY: THE UGLY TRUTH
* Why does Ontario have the highest energy costs in all of North America due to wind turbines?
* Why were the research results and expert advice against the turbines not taken into account?
* How can the Provincial government legally impose the Green Energy Act that supersedes 21 acts at local municipal level? Don’t we live in democracy?
* Is Wind Energy really green?
CULTURE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE
The Canadian Patriotic Society is pleased to bring the award winning documentary, “Honor Diaries” to Scarborough for a public screening.
Featuring nine women activists from the United States, England and Canada calling for urgent action, the film breaks the silence on the hidden crimes in our own communities. As grave and sobering as the subject matter is, it also reaches out to inspire and empower the viewers.
The screening will be followed by presentations, Q&A, and discussion open to all participants.
Date: Thursday, October 9th, 2014
Time: 6:30-9:30 pm
Location: Agincourt Public Library Meeting Room, 155 Bonis Ave, Toronto ON M1T 3W6, near Sheppard/Kennedy.
Contact: Sharon Isac is the contact and media person for this screening at firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 335-4544
Free admission (Donation gratefully accepted)
– Sayeh Hassan, criminal lawyer/pro democracy activist
– Athar Khan, political commentator
– Jonathan Halevi, senior researcher of the Middle East
– Homa Arjomand (by video message), political activist/Director of Children First Now